Ummmm…so hi! It’s been a while, huh? Like a loooooooong while. Don’t get me wrong, I know no one was losing sleep over my absence and your lives went on as normal. And I hope they have been happy lives! But for the 3 of you that might have at least noticed…
My life was going on too, and I was complaining about it being too busy. And I felt that I should not subject my family to my whining when a few things could be removed. And though I really enjoy blogging, it is nothing more than a hobby and my hobby should not inconvenience my family.
And then when it seemed like I had more breathing room, I was enjoying the breathing room. But there was this little part of me that mentally blogged everything going around me. Here are a few things I blogged about…in my mind:
- Florida winter
- my oldest’s graduation
- shark fishing
- being the mom of a graduate
- recipes with the aforementioned shark
- watching your baby girl become a tween
- chocolate coconut cupcakes with chocolate buttercream made for grad’s party
- roast chicken – the perfect Friday night meal
- preparing your first child for college – WHAAAAAAT?!!!
- pasta salad perfect for a large party (you know, like a graduation party?)
- meatball sliders also for that graduation party
- chocolate waffles
- my thoughts on Maleficent (saw it 3 X!!!)
- adding a rear deck to the house
You get the picture. I wanted to blog about everything, but wasn’t sure how to start back.
So what brings me back today?
Poinciana trees – wait, SQUIRREL!
Yep, when I was letting the dog do her business this morning I was amazed at the color of the poincianas against the blue sky and had to take a picture. And while I was taking a picture of the blooming tree I saw a squirrel.
Seriously! Look at the blooms on this tree!
And then I saw this little guy.
And he saw me.
But she barked up the wrong tree.
Mr. Squirrel watched Waffles in disbelief.
And here, I think Mr. Squirrel is saying, “She’s not too bright; is she?”
So there you have it. I’m back. I hope. And if you’ve read this far, you’ll realize I’m no more exciting than before. And if I’m going to stick with this, I will have to change the blog a bit. But I’ll talk about that next time. I don’t want to overwhelm you with the excitement!
Q&A for the day (your comments excite me!)
- If you were to take a pic of one thing right now, what would it be?